Hot Tub Removal in Murrayville, GA
Whether your hot tub has overheated, you are having electrical issues with it or the motor has died on it, there comes a time when you need to clear the space and remove it from your property. Removing a hot tub can be a daunting task. The following steps detail the difficulty involved:
- Drain the tub, ensuring that all of the water is out.
- Make sure the electricity and water are disconnected from the hot tub. You may need to hire a plumber or an electrician, depending on the connections and your handyman skill level. Over time the water can corrode the connections and make it difficult to remove the hose.
- Break or cut the wood frame from around the hot tub. Whatever you can do to lighten the load will help.
- Remove the motor and pump from the tub, which can be recycled. You can take these items, along with the electrical wiring to a local scrap yard or just set them at your curb and a scrapper will be happy to take them off your hands.
- Decide how much help you have. Keep in mind that it takes four guys to lift and move a hot tub. Cutting yourself short can lead to injuries. Also consider what would happen if one of your friends got hurt while moving it. Will your insurance cover it? A professional company is insured and bonded for this reason.
- Assess the situation. Where is it located? Is the hot tub recessed into a deck? You'll have to lift it out of the recess first. hot tub removal in Murrayville, GA. hot tub removal in Murrayville, GA. It is simpler to move if it is just sitting on the deck's surface.
- Check for obstructions. Is there a fence blocking the way from the hot tub to the truck? Is there a deck railing surrounding the tub? Is there a roof over the hot tub? Decide what needs to be moved or what you can work around before hauling it out of the yard. Do whatever you can to minimize the carrying distance from the current location to the truck or trailer.
- Figure out if your vehicle is long enough to carry it in one piece. If not, you may have to cut the hot tub up into pieces, which can be a huge mess. You'll be picking insulation out of your grass for years to come.
- Roll the tub on its side. Bring it to the edge of the truck and hoist it up. The tub will most likely have to be situated standing on its side due to its size.
- Take the tub and wood frame to the local landfill. They will charge a fee to dump it, but unfortunately there is no way to recycle these items.
If these steps sound like more than you want to handle, save yourself the trouble and look for a company who specialized in hot tub removal. They make it look easy, but that comes from experience.
Lastly, if you are paying your friends in pizza and beer, hold the beer until the job is done!